What must I do when the vehicle owner has passed away? (Deceased Estates)
Call us on 0860 879 900 or send an email to Care@mfc.co.za to tell us. You will also need to give us the following information:
- Certified copy of the death certificate.
- Copy of the ID of the deceased.
- Copy the marriage certificate, if married.
- Executor appointment letter, if available.
- Contact number of executor or next of kin.
- Whereabouts of the vehicle.
If I die, can someone take over my monthly instalments? (Deceased Estates)
No. Your agreement with MFC is cancelled immediately. But we allow for the reasonable finalisation of your estate. Either your relatives and next of kin or the executor of the estate must keep the payment of the account up to date until we receive full settlement of the account.
What must a relative or the executor do when the client has passed away? (Deceased Estates)
Call us on 0860 879 900 or send an email to Care@mfc.co.za to tell us, and give us the following information:
- Current proof of comprehensive insurance.
- A copy of the identity document and driving licence of the person who is using the vehicle.
- The address where the vehicle is ordinarily kept.
The Executor needs to give us the following documents:
- A certified copy of the death certificate.
- A certified copy of the deceased's identity document (ID).
- A letter of authority from the Master of the Court Office confirming executorship.
The MFC consultant managing the account will then contact the executor and discuss the options. The only way a deceased estate account can be taken over is if the executor applies for finance in their own capacity.