1 | Find the right supplier for your solar energy solution
Go green with Nedbank Solar through Avo. When looking for a solar solution, Avo Solar can offer you affordable, top-quality solar packages at competitive prices.
Alternatively, you may get a quote from any of the approved solar suppliers below. For your peace of mind and quality assurance, all suppliers are fully vetted, accredited and recognised by the South African Photovoltaic Industry Association (SAPVIA).
Before you apply for solar finance, you'll need to first have an installation quote from a Nedbank-approved supplier.
2 | Get a needs analysis and quote
Contact Avo Solar, or any of our approved service providers to arrange for a needs-based analysis, engineering proposal and a quote on the energy solution that will suit your lifestyle and pocket.
3 | Apply for finance
Before you apply for finance, you must have an installation quote from a Nedbank-approved supplier. We have the following finance options available:
Through MFC's Asset finance
MFC aims to provide you with the means to buy a solar-energy solution for your home with approved providers to ensure a safe, secure and hassle-free experience. This is stand-alone asset finance, and does not require that your home loan is with Nedbank
Through your Home Loan
Finance a solar-energy solution through your Nedbank home loan. The minimal increase on your home loan instalment will be oﬀset by a decrease in your monthly electricity bill.
4 | Add insurance
Protect your investment with our first in market Alternative Energy Insurance from as little as R99 p/m for each R100,000 sum insured.
Cover includes panels, batteries, invertors and all other accessories in the event of the following:
Alternatively Call 0800 333 111 to get your quote
5 | Install and enjoy your new energy solution
Once financed, contact your supplier to arrange for the installation of your energy solution.
Our approved suppliers will manage your entire journey from finding and installing the right solution right through to ongoing operations and maintenance.
Your home's renewable energy project could take anything between 2 to 4 weeks from your first contact with the service provider to activation!
What you need to note:
- The solution you want to finance must be new. No used, demo or second-hand solutions are permitted.
- The minimum asset amount you want financed must be more than R50 000.
Not the property owner or live in a sectional title?
- If you are not the registered owner of the property, or if the property is a sectional title, we will give you a consent waiver document that must be approved by the registered owner and/or trustees. This signed document must be sent back to us in order to proceed with the application.
- In the event that the property where the goods are installed is rented by the principal debtor, a minimum deposit of 50% will be required. This percentage may however be increased due to additional risk considerations.
- It remains your responsibility to ensure the solar supplier verifies the status of the relevant installer and supplier, including their products and workmanship.
- It remains your responsibility to ensure that the solar supplier assists you in the signoff, acceptance of delivery (AOD), and confirmation that the solution has been properly installed and is working properly, once the installation has been concluded.
- SSEG clearance with the local municipality remains your responsibility, however most of our providers will either apply for clearance on your behalf at an additional cost or provide you with the required documents for you to apply with the municipality.
- It remains your responsibility to send a copy of the supplementary electrical COC to your insurers.